Notice of Nomination for Town of Oakville 2016 Municipal By-Election — Ward 2
April 11, 2016
Nominations accepted January 12 to February 26, 2016
Nominations will be accepted for the office of Town Councillor, Ward 2.
Nomination forms may be led at the Town of Oakville Clerk’s department, 1225 Trafalgar Road, from January 12 to February 25, 2016, during regular business hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.), and on nomination day, February 26, 2016, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The term of elected office will end November 30, 2018.
Under Section 29 (1) of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996 – “A person may be nominated for an of ce only if, as of the day the person is nominated:
- he or she is qualified to hold that office under the Act that creates it; and
- he or she is not ineligible under this or any other Act or otherwise prohibited by law to be nominated for or to hold the office."
Nomination and declaration of qualification forms are available in the Clerk’s department or on the town’s Election website. The following must be provided at the time of filing:
- a completed nomination paper;
- a declaration of qualification by the candidate
- the prescribed filing fee in cash, certified cheque, or money order payable to the Town of Oakville, in the amount of $100; and
- candidate identification (driver's licence)
A person who proposed to be a candidate may not accept contributions for election purposes, or incur expenses, until that person has filed a nomination paper with the Town Clerk.
For further information as to filing requirements, please visit the Town of Oakville's Election website or contact the Clerk's department at 905-815-6030.
Sign up for the Election RSS feed to get information delivered right to your desktop.